- Get a large UBS Wall Charger, and by large, I mean you can plug 4 or 5 USB cords into the charger. It never fails that the hotel has only one free electrical outlet, and you need to charge five items. Phone, camera, iPod, Kindle, headphones, etc.
- Double bag it. If I know, I will be buying loads of souvenirs. I pack everything into my smaller suitcase, and then I pack that suitcase into my largest suitcase. On the way back I fill up the smaller suitcase with souvenirs. This also works great when traveling in a group, one person double bags for everyone’s souvenirs; it helps avoid extra luggage fees for everyone.
- Four-wheel luggage. Get some.
- Get a small spray bottle and fill it with rubbing alcohol; spray your feet with the alcohol after taking a shower at the hotel. It keeps foot fungus away.
- Save your twist ties and rubber bands and use them to tie up your electronic charging cords neatly. It stops the cables from getting tangled up in your luggage.
- Pack a pen or pencil in your carry-on luggage if you are going to another country so that you can fill in the customs form.