People say hearing or memory is the first thing to go, but it’s not; we start aging a long time before then. Below are the real signs that you aren’t getting any younger.
- You wake up in the middle of the night to pee. In your teens and twenties, you could drink a 2-liter bottle of soda, go to bed at 2 am, wake up at 12 pm, and have a 5 min morning pee. Then one day that stops, you wake up at 6 am, it wasn’t a noise or an alarm. It’s your own bladder saying get up now, or I’m wetting the bed.
- Pizza for breakfast gives your heartburn or eating two hours before bed gives you heartburn. That first heartburn is rough; you like what the heck is going on?!
- You stop staying up to watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve.
- Teenagers start calling you Sir or Ma’am.
- The songs you listened to while growing up are now on the Classic Rock/Pop/Rap station.
- You make an involuntary noise when picking stuff up or sitting down after a long day of work.
- An afternoon nap becomes the highlight of a weekend.
2 thoughts on “The Real Signs of Aging”
So funny! And all too true. Thanks!